Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mixing It Up a Bit

I leave this Thursday for a 2 week vacation in Wyoming. Kevin and I are going to hike in the Wind River Range for 7-8 days and attempt to climb Gannett Peak, the highest peak in WY. This will be the first vacation in years that hasn't involved 2 wheels and the first time since 2000 that I've taken 2 full weeks at once. It's strange to think that I won't be biking for two solid weeks but this trip will be amazing. The Wind River Range is the prettiest place I have been and I'm looking forward to seeing another part of this area. Physically I feel ready but I have to admit that I'm a bit scared about the summit attempt as there will be glaciers, crevasses, and exposure. However, I figure being scared is a good thing as it will make me be more careful and thoughtful every step of the way. And, Kevin and I have been planning this for 9 months and he's an Eagle Scout so he's prepared for anything.

We don't really have plans for the remainder of the vacation other than that we are going to visit Kevin's Aunt and Uncle in Sundance, WY and check out the Tetons.

I've also been thinking of changing my race schedule a bit but I first need to get some things figured out. This race sounds pretty amazing and I'm hoping to do it. After all, what would I do after the WY adventure but be sitting on the couch and eating a bag of Doritos!

See you all in a few weeks!

No comments: