Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thankfulness

Tonight was the last weekly ride of the Penn Cycle Women's Mountain Bike group. We had planned to mountain bike at Lebanon but was unable to because of heavy rains yesterday. We still got together at my place for some pizza, adult beverages and great discussions ranging from politics, mountain biking (riding and racing) and the female anatomy.

I was sad that the group ride was over for the season but it wasn't until a discussion at the party and a thank you note from a fellow rider that made me really realize that I won't see all these women every Wednesday night. It's a great group of independent, smart and strong women who have a lot to share - their lives, interests and opinions are really diverse. And although I sometimes get irritated with the opinions they choose to share with me, I wouldn't trade their friendship for anything and value it more than they probably know. Thanks ladies for a great summer of fun singletrack and friendship.

Now on to Wednesday ski nights, urban assault rides and game nights!

1 comment:

Janet said...

"And although I sometimes get irritated with the opinions they choose to share with me,"

You? Irritated? Get. out.

LOVE YOU! :-)

vag!na