Monday, May 5, 2008

The sun finally came out!

What a great weekend we had. Luckily the weather forecasters were wrong about Saturday's forecast. We ended up with a sunny and warm weather all weekend.

I ended up not riding on Saturday for a whole host of reasons - mostly because I thought I would have to work at the Capitol on Sunday so I wanted to get errands/chores out of the way. Saturday night was spent with Kevin’s neighbor’s who were celebrating their 28th wedding anniversary.

Sunday was a great day. Kevin and I decided to do a combination road/mountain bike ride. We got on our full suspension mountain bikes and hit two of the local parks. We road the 10 or so miles to Harmon Park in Inver Grove Heights and met my friend, Janet, and did a lap with her. She rocked!

We then road the 10 or so miles to Lebanon Hills and did a loop there. It was very nice to ride on a single track trail in the woods. However, when we got to Lebanon, I was getting pretty tired. I even thought to myself “I definitely have more work to do to get ready for my first endurance race!” We were out for a total of 4 hours and I had that wonderful spent feeling when I got home.
The Legislative session will be done in two weeks and then my life becomes my own again. Then I can focus on training, can ride as much as possible, and spend time with my family.

I meant to take a few more pictures but I was having to much fun mountain biking.


My riding partner for the day.



The first leg of our trip.




Janet in her Peace Coffee team kit.

1 comment:

Janet said...

What an awesome, awesome Sunday!

Great ride at Salem! Thanks for helping me hammer it. You're a great riding partner who knows how to throw down when needed! Or, is it - you know how to thrown down when someone rides by just asking for it?! :-)

Is Kevin practicing his "Watcha talkin' 'bout Willis?" face? Or is that his game face?