Friday, June 18, 2010

A long and winding road

.......and what a winding road it has been. I started this crazy love of endurance racing with my first attempt of the Lumberjack in 2006. Little did I know how that decision would change my life. Then I was going through periods of melancholy, struggling to find my way, trying figure out what kind of life I want to live and growing into person I want to be. Today, I feel like I've come full circle. That first Lumberjack led me down a path to figuring it out, and surviving cancer affirmed it. Now I am leading the life I want and have become the person I want to be. All this beginning and ending with the Lumberjack. I never planned on doing the Lumberjack until a month ago so I find it my thoughts today quite serendipitous.

Tomorrow is the Lumberjack. I have two goals - have fun and finish!

I'll post up how it went but please send me good your good karma, thoughts, and prayers tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Have a great race!!