Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm OK, You're OK

I had to work yesterday and I was totally crabby about that. However, once I left the Capitol and headed over to my local favorite mountain bike trail everything was right again. Then, I heard this song on my way home and it completely described what I've been thinking/feeling lately.

It has been ages since I wrote anything on this blog. It's mostly because work has been all consuming and I've had to let lot fall to the wayside. However, my work is a priority, it's important and it's worth it.

Here's what else I've been up to:

- Training! I am planning on doing a number of endurance mountain bike events this summer and I've been sticking to my plan. Plus, I feel much better when I exercise and it helps me relieve a lot of stress! (I'll post my race schedule very soon.)

- Planning for a trip of a lifetime to WY. Kevin and I are going to climb Gannet Peak this summer. To prepare, we have been hiking every weekend since October. I've been to a lot of cool hiking trails over the winter and I'm looking forward to experiencing them now that winter is over.

- Cooking and meal planning. I've been trying to cut back on spending, saving more and as result I've been doing a lot of cooking at home. It's been fun.

- Sleeping. I wake up at 4:15 am most mornings to train so I pretty much plan on trying to be in bed by 8:30 or 9:00. Plus, I nap on the weekends!

- Facebook is my new addiction. I've also just discovered Twitter.

Stay tuned for more as I plan on being better about sticking to this!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yay, a post! Synopses of local hiking trails would be good post material. :)