Saturday, November 1, 2008

Conquering Demons

I have a lot of demons to conquer but a particular one has been nagging me a lot lately.....especially since a few friends have been bugging me about it this summer.

That demon is Jan's Rock at Lebanon Hill's Regional Park. For some weird reason I always chickened out when we came up to this section and have only tried it once before. I always thought it was too steep and never had a good approach (lame excuses, I know). Well, riding Slickrock Trail in Moab completely changed my idea of what's too steep.

So, today when I was at Leb I told myself that I was going to do Jan's Rock. I got up to it, stared at it for a while and then road right down it. I even went back and did it again. I can't believe I let myself get freaked out by this for so long as it was like going down a slide.

On to the next demon - the teter totter.

1 comment: