Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Living a life of luxury - very temporarily

We spent this past weekend with my brother Mike and his family on their new houseboat. We had a great weekend spending time with his family, my sister Cathi and her family, and enjoying the Mississippi river. It was very beautiful and I think I found my new endurance sport.




I'm off Thursday for a long weekend at the Perala family cabin in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I'm really excited because I'm taking 4 days of vacation which will be my first significant chunk of time off this summer. Plus, we've gotten to know a fellow mountain biker who lives up there and he's going to show us a new local trail. I'm was planning on doing a 5 hour training ride and wanted to be able to mountain bike. Our friend said we wouldn't have any problem putting together a 5 hour ride on some fun trails. I'm excited about exploring some new singletrack up there. Other than that I plan on reading books, resting, trying some new recipes and most importantly, enjoy some time with Kevin and his Mom and Dad.
Enjoy the holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Ride fast, take chances said...

Awwww man! The slide looks like a blast!