Sunday, June 15, 2008

Spent

Today was an awesome day. Summer has finally arrived, I had a good long bike ride with Kevin on a fun route and finished the ride completely spent. We rode for 5 hours and Kevin joined me in for my prescribed workout - hill repeats. I'm pretty tired right now but was very glad how I felt during the ride. I finally didn’t feel as slow as a sloth. Even the hill repeats weren't that bad. We started in Eagan and decided to go to the 35E bridge, which has a great bike path and about a 3-4 minute climb (not quite a mile long). I had to do 12 of them. After that we rode along Shepard Road to downtown St. Paul and checked out the Bruce Vento Trail which then brought us to the Gateway State Trail. We took that back to St. Paul, down scenic Summit Avenue (see next post), to East River road and then wound our way back to Eagan. With one exception (see other post) today’s ride reminded me of how lucky we are in MN with a great system of trails and bike lanes, of which we took great advantage of today.

I regret not bringing my camera because today would have been a great day for some photos.
I hope everyone has enjoyed the nice day!

No comments: