Monday, April 21, 2008

Just like old times

I didn't have to work late tonight so I decided to go for a quick ride at Harmon Park/Salem Hills. It's a short but fun mountain bike trail in Inver Grove Heights and this was my first time on a mountain bike trail since late November. I was supposed to ride with my friends, Janet and Nicole, but the weather proved to be problematic so I was on my own.

It was a great ride. I was in a hurry because I was trying to beat a looming thunderstorm so I went at a pretty good pace. The course is really fast with some fun turns. I felt great and thought to myself "I forgot how good this feels."

Now, I'm waiting for Kevin to cook dinner (steak on the grill!) and enjoying a night at home when I thought I would be stuck at the capitol.

2 comments:

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

Isn't the first ride of the year on single track the bestest?

Wish I could have joined you. If it wasn't for the pesky weather and strained trap.

Two and a half weeks until Spring Cup! Woo-hoo!

Have you practiced yelling "Passing on your left!" yet?