Friday, August 1, 2008

I leave today for Wausau, WI for the 24 Hours of 9 Mile. I will be doing the 12 hour solo option. I'm really excited about this race because it's one of my favorite courses - not a lot of climing and really fun singletrack. Plus, my last several races have been short ones and I much prefer the long ones. I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous because I haven't been feeling so hot all week. I don't seem to have too much snap in my legs and they have felt tired every day since Sunday. I'm working really hard maintain a good mental attitude and not worry too much but it's getting more difficult now that the race is fast approaching. Today I plan on drinking as much water as I can, eat as much healthy food throughout the day and try to get a good night's sleep. Hopefully it will all come together tomorrow.

I definitely should have some good karma coming may way. The last two weeks, when out riding my bike at some local trails, I found some car keys. Luckily both owners were in the parking lot when I returned from each ride and I was able to return the keys directly to them. It feels great to do good deeds. Maybe that will help this weekend!

Anyone interested in looking at how I'm doing, click this link for real time results.

Wish me luck!

No comments: